Updated: December 14, 2023
Information We Collect
When you book an appointment on our website, we collect the following personal information:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
How We Use Personal Information
Data collected on our website will only be used to:
- Book an appointment.
- Send you emails about the appointment.
- Provide optometric services and for related administrative purposes.
We do not share your information with any third parties unless required by law.
We protect your personal information by:
- Using industry standard security controls such an encryption and an SSL (Secured Sockets Layers) certificate to ensure information is transmitted over a secured connection between your browser and our web server.
- Using state-of-the-art data centres with appropriate security and compliance certifications.
Your personal information is only accessed by the Optometrists and staff for the purposes described in this policy.
We retain personal information per the requirements of the College of Optometrists of British Columbia. The following times are after your last appointment or interaction with us.
- For minors, for 10 years after the minor reaches the age of 19.
- For all others, for 10 years.
Individuals have certain rights with respect to their personal information. Please contact us as noted below to exercise any of these rights.
Access Your Personal Information. You have the right to request a record of the personal information that we have collected about you.
Correction of Your Personal Information. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal information we collect from you is accurate and complete. You may request that we update or correct your personal information.
Opt Out of Emails. In addition to contacting us, you can click on the unsubscribe link in one of our email messages.